From Altitude Game: Wiki
Altitude contains several levels of child safety features.
Overview of Child safety features
- Chat disabled
- This disables all chat features. You child will not be able to receive or send any user created chat messages. Future versions of Altitude will support built-in safe messages.
- Filter swear words
- Altitude will replace all swear words with asterisks(*). To view or add additional filtered words edit the text file under C:\Program Files\Altitude\config\filtered_swear_words.txt
- Verify user made content
- Enabling this option will keep your child safe from user made maps.
- Changing any of these settings requires you to enter the account password
- This ensures that your child cannot change the safety settings.
Creating a new child safe Altitude Account
- Launch Altitude and click "Create a new account"
- Enter your Email address
- It is best to use your email address and not your childs. This way you will receive an email notification if child safety features are disabled.
- Enter a nickname, this is what other players online will see. Do not use your child's real name.
- Enter a password for the account
- Use a password that your child does not known, that way they cannot make changes to the account.
- Check the "Child Safe" box
- This will enable all child safe features mentioned above.
- Click "I Agree - Create My Account"
- On the "Login - Altitude"
- Check "Remember me" box
- Click "Login"
- This computer is now set up to automatically login to the account you just created.
- If you don't want all child safety features enabled
- Log in to the account
- Go to the "Main Menu"
- Click "Options"
- Click "Account"
- Edit the child safety settings to your liking